Areas of services and advice provided by the firm in this respect include employees’, directors’ and consultants’ service contracts, benefit and incentive schemes, stock options plans, terms of employment, and Romanian employee records, termination of employment contracts, employee restructuring and redundancy programs, application of TUPE law, in case of transfer of a business enterprise, wage taxation, social security withholdings, applications for work permits and advice on tax saving employment arrangements, issues re employment of expats, processing, and transfer of employee data, employee monitoring.
More recently we advised:
- the largest online social networking platform worldwide re restructuring of employees of the Romanian subsidiary;
- a global multi-industry company active in aerospace, and industrial manufacturing sectors re employment issues, outsourcing matters, negotiation and signing of the Collective Labour Agreement to be concluded at the company level, and drafts of the employment agreements, and of the Code of Conduct for the employees;
- a leading US oilfield services group re employment of expats in relation to Romanian operations;
- a leading Italian bank re employment matters related to the transfer of a group of employees of the Romanian brokerage subsidiary to the Romanian bank subsidiary, termination of certain employment agreements, and severance packages, compliance with Romanian law, and European regulations regarding the protection of employees in case of a transfer of a business enterprise;
- a major US investment fund re the protection of the subsidiary’s employees in connection with the sale of the subsidiary, and compliance with the European Directive, and Romanian law, and severance agreements;
- major international companies re processing, and transfer of employee data, employee monitoring;
- a US gas and oil company re collective labour agreement, restructuring, liability in case of transferred employees as part of a business transfer transaction, compliance with the European Directive;
- the leading European company in the development and production of mechanical and electronic equipments and controls re drafting of the Code of Internal Regulation, the Collective Labour Agreement, transfer of the employees’ personal data outside European Union;
- a German footwear store chain re termination of the employment contracts due to the restructuring of a local work site, working time schedule and remuneration of the employees, and the transfer of the employees’ personal data abroad;
- a major US home products company re negotiation of employment contracts, termination of the employment, drafting of the Code of Internal Regulation, transfer of the employees personal data outside EU;
- the leading European low cost airline re various employment issues, drafts and reviews employment agreements, advises on the termination of employment agreements, the documentation for termination of employment agreements, negotiates termination and settlement terms on behalf of the client, and represents the client in employment court cases;
- a leading Canadian construction company re termination of the employment contracts due to the client’s reorganization;
- the leading European chocolate manufacturer re negotiation, and termination of the employment contracts due to the client’s reorganization, and drafting of the Code of Internal Regulation;
- a global outsourcing company re outsourcing issues.