We advise with regard to notification of the Competition Council of economic concentrations, distribution contracts, notifications of the Competition Council re illegal state aid, illegal price controls, “dawn raids” issues, and investigations by the Competition Council.
- the leading CEE low cost airline re several state-aid court cases, a related investigation of the European Commission, a complaint for abuse of dominant position, representation before the Competition Council;
- a leading Italian Bank re economic concentration issues in relation to the acquisition by the bank of the assets of a brokerage subsidiary;
- a US oil and gas company re economic concentration issues in relation to the sale of 32 oil and gas concessions owned by a Romanian subsidiary, notification of the Competition Council re the acquisition of three concessions, by other subsidiary;
- the global leader in the sector of reservation systems for airlines and travel agencies (global distribution systems) re the abuse of a dominant position by a software provider;
- one of the world’s largest copper mining company, re competition issues related to the tender for the acquisition of the state-owned Cupru Min, notification of the economic concentration to the Competition Council, negotiation with the Privatization Office, and the Competition Council of the content of the Notification;
- a major US investment fund re the economic concentration resulted from (1) a proposed acquisition, (2) sale of a Romanian subsidiary;
- a German market leader in communication systems re economic concentration resulted from the acquisition of a Romanian subsidiary;
- a oil and gas trade association re Notifications of the Competition Council re illegal state aid, gas price control;
- a European producer of generic drugs company re a Competition Council investigation, “dawn raids” issues;
- the Romanian Branch of a Turkish yeast manufacturer company re investigation of the distribution practices by the Competition Council;
- a leading Italian confectionery producer, a Danish producer of components and solutions, a multinational consumer goods company, a leading US cosmetics company, a Turkish yeast producer, an international pet food producer, a global soft drinks producer, an Israeli producer of instant powdered coffee re compliance of distribution contracts with competition regulations.
We advised re the notification of the Competition Council of several mergers and acquisitions in the manufacturing and oil and gas sectors.